Sunday, February 15, 2009

Saying Goodbye






This week we learned more about an aspect of military life that isn't so great: saying goodbye to dear friends, again. The kids have been blessed with great friends at our last 2 bases and saying goodbye just gets harder as they get older. Oh the questions that Mommy isn't great at answering...And more goodbyes are coming in the next 2 weeks.

But as we have said goodbye, it is a great opportunity to learn that when we don't live close to family, God often gives us very good friends instead. We just have to be brave, pray for them, and go find them(not an easy thing for my girls to do).

Scmemms is already praying for the bravery to approach kids to find more friends and has decided (on the advice of the very wise 12 year old, KK, who just left)that she'll start her search at church. She is also praying that Bee Charmer and KK find good friends in their new town, too.

Cheese is praying that I will send her to their new town to live with them or that we will all move to the same place soon. On the off chance that doesn't work, she said going to NC to live with our friends there would be great, too. Just one more example at how unique my girls are!

The Do misses his friend, but at 3, isn't quite as affected by the change. He gets upset when he can't go play, but to him it's like Big J. is on some long vacation at a hotel. I am enjoying the simplicity of this, it won't be there in a few more years.

I am missing the knock on the door in the afternoon and the general chaos that insues as my kids clean up and finsh their work so they can go outside and play. Happy chaos is a great thing.

So, to the B family....we miss you. And to the V's in NC...we still miss you. And know that I(mama) am HORRIBLE at keeping in touch...I mean the worst about it, so don't be offended. I am thinking of you and want to talk to you, but my flighty tendencies are currently winning the "be a good friend" battle. I'll work in it.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

These are the busiest days of our lives. Sending you a silent hug from my heart.
One day we'll carve out a moment to say 'hi' - then someone will flood the bathroom.

You blog is delightful!